May 1

Is there a degree in “hippotherapy”


Hippotherapy is a treatment tool used by therapists.  You will need a degree in Occupational, Physical or Speech therapy. After graduating and becoming licensed in your field you should to take courses from the American Hippotherapy Association for specialty training in utilizing the movement of the horse as part of your treatment plan. You will also need to have a strong equine background to ensure safe and effective provision of services.

If you wish to provide Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy you could work toward a degree in Psychology, Counseling or Social work.

IMG_0687 (2)



You may also like

Exercise: riding and in the barn!

Exercise: riding and in the barn!

Recreation or therapy?

Recreation or therapy?
Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked

{"email":"Email address invalid","url":"Website address invalid","required":"Required field missing"}

Get in touch

0 of 350